Pozzolith® 100 XR
Pozzolith 100 XR ready-to-use, liquid admixture is used for producing more uniform and predictable quality concrete. Placing and finishing requirements are facilitated because this admixture retards setting time. Pozzolith 100 XR admixture meets ASTM C 494 requirements for Type B, retarding, and Type D, water-reducing and retarding, admixtures.
- Reduced water content required for a given workability
- Retarded setting characteristics
- Controlled retardation – depending on the addition rate
- Improved workability
- Reduced segregation
- Superior finishing characteristics for flatwork and cast surfaces
- Flexibility in scheduling of placing and finishing operations
- Offsets effects of too early stiffening during extended delays between mixing and placing
- Helps eliminate cold joints
- Dead-load deflection can take place (before concrete sets) in extended pours for bridge decks, cantilevers, nonshored structural elements, etc.
- Peak temperature and/or rate of temperature rise in mass concrete lowered thereby reducing thermal cracking
- Increased compressive and flexural strength